Pages

Sunday 5 June 2011

The beginning!

Hello!
Welcome to my first blog!
Don't really know where to start as I have never blogged before!
The hubby has my little boy for the day today so I have peace and quiet to try and get used to telling the world what I am up to!
So, the little signmaker. This is something I set up a few years ago. Life as frantic as it always is I never really managed to find the time to get it off the ground and then we decided to start a family! So time is very precious now. I thought it would be a great chance to make a go of this venture while I was at home with my little boy.
I attended a local craft fair last Sunday. It was very chilly and very windy! One of my friends had a stall there to try out (quilting) http://www.ludlowquiltandsew.co.uk/ and I stole a corner of the table! I also deserted her to take my husband, Kev, to be measured for a suit for a forthcoming wedding! Sorry Rose! Needless to say we did not have a good day! Not great for our confidence but both put it down as an experience!

I am always working on new items. Hopefully in the next week or so I will have made a few 'teacher' signs. This are proving very popular for school children to give to their favourite teachers at the end of the year as a thank you to be remembered. I am also working on 'welly pegs' - sadly, at the moment I think there will be alot of use for them! Also, trying to finish a gorgeous little 'Tooth Fairy' box for the little ones. Not quite sure what the going rate for a tooth is nowadays but it has space for coins and notes depending how generous the tooth fairy is feeling!
Well, more work to do ......thought Sunday was meant to be a day of rest!

1 comment:

  1. Hi and welcome to blogging.
    I'm new to blogging too and i'm new to crafts. I'm sure you're going to do great with your work and congratulations on the baby.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete